Ways To Give
Whaley Children’s Center is committed to filling the gap that exists between the cost of caring for a child and the funding we receive from the government to provide for our accredited residential and clinical programs and services. That means each year Whaley must raise 20% of its budget in private donations.
Any donation you can make helps to ensure the growth and success of our youth at Whaley Children’s Center and makes it possible for us to continue transforming lives and creating futures!
At the heart of every donor who gives to Whaley Children’s Center is a desire to help children and give them a fighting chance to succeed. Here is how your donation will make an impact.
- $25 donation provides an incoming boy or girl with a welcome gift which includes a new book, toy, outfit, blanket and pillow.
- $50 donation provides breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks to one child for 7 days.
- $75 donation will cover extracurricular activities for one semester helping to enrich and expand a child’s life.
- $100 donation will cover the cost of gas for our kids to travel 165 miles to school, competitions, doctors’ appointments, family visits, volunteer initiatives, job interviews and all other off-campus opportunities that help our children foster relationships and life skills.
Monthly Giving Program:
By providing Whaley Children’s Center with a consistent gift, you join a community of supporters committed to the long term success of Whaley Children’s Center. Your monthly contributions help to provide our children with basic needs of food and water, keep our lights on, put gas in the cars that take our kids to school and on family visits—the basics every household must have!
One Time Gift
One time gifts are just as important as our monthly gifts. If you have dollars set aside for charitable giving, looking to make a donation in memory of a loved one or making an end of the year holiday gift, your gifts are necessary to the success of Whaley Children’s Center’s programs and services. WCC prides itself on its financial stability
Donor Bill of Rights
Whaley Children’s Center is committed to ensuring that donors and prospective donors have full confidence in us. We validate
and respect the concerns of every philanthropist and strongly believe that every donor has the following rights:
1. To be informed of Whaley Children’s Center mission and vision, including the way we plan on using
donated resources, as well as our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on Whaley Children’s Center governing board and to expect the Board
and the CEO to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities and avoid any conflicts of interests.
3. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purpose for which they were given.
4. To receive appropriate and timely acknowledgment and recognition.
5. To be assured that information about their donations will be handled with respect and confidentiality.
6. To expect that all relationships with individuals at Whaley will be professional in nature.
7. To be free to ask questions when making donations and receive prompt, accurate answers.
8. To have access to the most recent financial statements of Whaley Children’s Center.
9. To be added or removed from any mailing lists that Whaley Children’s Center uses.
The Donor Bill of Rights was developed by the American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), The Center on Philanthropy, National Society of Fund Raising Executives (NSFRE) and Whaley Children’s Center.
For any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Dawn Wisner at (810) 234-3603 or via email at DWisner@WhaleyChildren.org.