- Completion of Medical Assistant/CNA program and can provide proof of certification; or equivalent experience.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification for Adults and Children
- Preferably experience with children’s programs and/or working with at-risk youth;
- Valid Michigan driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to WCC’s insurance carrier.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize multiple tasks, as well as reprioritize tasks as needed based on incoming workflow;
- Ability to effectively express oneself in verbal and written form in public speaking settings;
- Current working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and other office equipment; Google-Calendar Sheets & Docs preferred but not required;
- Ability work well with a multi-disciplinary team and children;
- Positive customer service skills;
Essential Skills & Duties:
- Performs basic first aid & minor treatments as assigned by the Medical Supervisor and as per scope of practice;
- Observes, reports, and records pertinent children status utilizing proper policies and procedures;
- Administers all medications to children, as prescribed;
- Assists the Medical Supervisor during employee medication trainings;
- Responsible for teaching, modeling, practicing, supporting and articulating the Agency’s Circle of Courage philosophy.
- Transport children to medical appointments (use of personal vehicle may be required).