Human Resources Department Intern
Position Title: Human Resources Department Intern
Department: Human Resources
Reports to Position Title: Director of Human Resources
Salary: Unpaid Internship
Purpose & General Description of the Position: This position is responsible for carrying out activities that support the
Human Resources Department.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent college level studies in Human Resources, Public Administration or directly related field; OR 2 to 5 years previous work experience in the field of Human
- Resources, Recruitment, and/or staffing.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to the Agency and its insurance carrier
- Meet State "Good Moral Character" guidelines
- Educational and/or professional experience in human resources, recruitment, staffing, public relations..
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively plan, direct and coordinate the activities of others.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to perform duties in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad array of individuals and groups, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to independently initiate activities
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to work under time constraints and pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to generate and maintain timely, accurate and complete
reports, and to read and interpret detailed reports and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to plan, organize and implement multi-dimensional
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete records
- Physical ability to lift and carry/transport items weighing up
to 10 pounds routinely and items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Current working knowledge of office equipment and computers as well as word processing and spreadsheet software
- Assist with planning, organizing, and coordinating staff recruitment projects and/or events.
- Assist in Employee Recognition efforts.
- Provide support within the Human Resources Department.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and coordinating events and activities within the agency.
- Effectively and professionally represent the Agency to the general public, staff and volunteers as required.
- Assemble and maintain accurate and complete records regarding projects, and other associated activities.
- Represent the Agency to outside agencies, groups and individuals.
- Responsible for teaching, modeling, practicing, supporting and articulating the agency’s Circle of Courage Strength Based
- Program philosophy and Learning Organization Management Model.
Associated Duties: Other duties, tasks and responsibilities as may occasionally be assigned by the Human Resources Director & CEO.