Position Title: Full-Time Cook
Reports to the Position Title: Director of Operations
Purpose of Position: This position is responsible for the daily execution and maintenance of all prepared food items
for the residents we serve. With the mission of achieving high standards & excellent customer service. To prepare,
cook, and serve food as instructed in accordance with defined standards and quality.
- High School diploma, Associate Degree preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a cook in residential or similar type establishment
- Meet State “Good Moral Character” guidelines
- Ability to pass a drug screen
- Valid Michigan driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier
- Preferred ServSafe service certification or be able to obtain certificate 6 months from hire.
- Demonstrate good communication, both written and verbal
- Must be able to combine ingredients following a recipe and directions
- Must either be ServSafe certified or be able to become a certificate holder
- Stand, sit, and/or walk for an extended period of time during an entire shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
- Must be able to weigh and measure ingredients
- Routinely move items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Must have good customer service skills and the ability to work in a diverse atmosphere and possess knowledge of the methods and equipment used in the preparation and distribution of food
- Knowledge of the practices, methods, and procurement and storage of food items and supplies
- Coordinate and perform the preparation, portioning and distributions of food
- Measure and weigh ingredients;
- Responsible for sanitizing the kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment;
- Assists with checking refrigeration points to ensure that all temp logs are filled out properly;
- Perform all general kitchen duties;
- Ability to prepare food, using past production records and child counts to determine quantities needed
- Responsible for assisting with the monitoring of food and kitchen supply inventories and storage;
- Responsible for attending District Area meetings and other training.
- Assists in menu planning
- Maintain all compliance logs;
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, and food preparation checklists;
- Operate ovens, stoves, and microwaves;
- Monitors food quality while preparing food;
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food;
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures;
- Responsible for teaching, modeling, practicing, supporting, and articulating the agency’s Circle of Courage strength-based program philosophy.
PLEASE NOTE: All other duties may be assigned by the Director of Operations and/or President/CEO.