Finance Department Intern
Position Title: Finance Department Intern
Reports to Position Title: Director of Finance
Salary: Unpaid Internship
Purpose & General Description of the Position: This position is responsible for providing accounting support for the financial
functions of the agency.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent college level studies in Accounting, Business or directly related field; OR 2 to 5 years previous work experience in the field of Accounting
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to the Agency and its insurance carrier
- Meet State & Good Moral Character & guidelines
- Educational and/or professional experience in accounting.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to perform duties in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad array of individuals and groups, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to independently initiate activities
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to work under time constraints and pressure.
- Ability to organize, track, analyze, and maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to accurately enter accounting transactions into agency records.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Physical ability to lift and carry/transport items weighing up to 10 pounds routinely and items weighing up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Ability to operate QuickBooks and Excel.
- Assist with accounts payable processes.
- Participates in cross-training for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and all other associated duties in the department.
- Assists the Director of Finance with preparation of monthly and year-end reports.
- Maintains the security and confidentiality of records under Agency control.
- Assemble and maintain accurate and complete records regarding projects, and other associated activities.
- Represent the Agency to outside agencies, groups and individuals.
- Responsible for teaching, modeling, practicing, supporting and articulating the agency’s Circle of Courage Strength Based
- Program philosophy and Learning Organization Management Model.
Associated Duties: Other duties, tasks and responsibilities as may occasionally be assigned by the Finance Director & CEO.