Development Department Intern
Position Title: Development Department Intern
Reports to Position Title: Director of Development
Salary: Unpaid Internship
Purpose & General Description of the Position: This position is responsible for carrying out a wide range of activities that support the development and fundraising efforts on behalf of the Agency to build awareness and support within the community about our mission
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent college level studies in public relations, fundraising, marketing, business development or directly related field; OR 2 to 5 years previous work experience in the field of development, public relations, grant management, business office management or special projects management.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to the Agency and its insurance carrier
- Meet State "Good Moral Character" guidelines
- Educational and/or professional experience in public relations, social media and event planning.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively plan, direct and coordinate the activities of others.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to perform duties in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad array of individuals and groups, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to independently initiate activities
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to work under time constraints and pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to generate and maintain timely, accurate and complete reports, and to read and interpret detailed reports and documents.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to plan, organize and implement multi-dimensional activities/events
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete records
- Physical ability to lift and carry/transport items weighing up to 10 pounds routinely and items weighing up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Current working knowledge of office equipment and computers as well as word processing and spreadsheet software
- Assist with planning, organizing, and coordinating special events/projects in support of the Agency's programs.
- Assist in securing grants and the recording of grants activities.
- Provide support to volunteers involved in the special events/projects and activities.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and coordinating special events and activities for our children.
- Effectively and professionally represent the Agency to the general public, visitors, guests, volunteers, media representatives, and others as required.
- Assemble and maintain accurate and complete records regarding special events/projects, volunteers and other associated activities.
- Represent the Agency to outside agencies, groups and individuals.
- Coordinate public speakers/speaking activities to promote the Agency.
- Responsible for teaching, modeling, practicing, supporting and articulating the agency’s Circle of Courage Strength Based Program philosophy and Learning Organization Management Model.
Associated Duties: Other duties, tasks and responsibilities as may occasionally be assigned by the Development Director & CEO.